Captain of the Ship
The Captain of the Ship program recognizes students who make outstanding contributions to ECU through their campus and community involvement, as well as their efforts to support the success of other Pirates.
All ECU students are eligible. Organizations are encouraged to nominate their peers/members, and students may nominate themselves. There is not a limit to the number of applicants that will be accepted.
Eligible students do not need to be a member of a student organization to apply.
The Captain of the Ship winner will be given a $1,000 educational award to use towards any education expenses at ECU.
The Top 10 student candidates will be recognized during the Homecoming festivities, including Cannonball on the Lawn, Skit Night, Freeboot Friday, and the Homecoming Parade. From these 10 finalists, one student will be further recognized as the “Captain of the Ship” recipient in recognition of outstanding achievements and contributions to the success of others.
- Candidates must be an enrolled ECU student in good academic standing.
- Candidates must have a 2.5 minimum GPA.
- No former crowned Homecoming winners may be nominated.
- July 26: Nominations open on The Pirate Experience
- September 22: Nominations close on The Pirate Experience
- September 26: Top 20 announced on social media
- October 3-4: Top 20 interviews with Judging Panel
- October 5: Top 10 will be notified
- October 11: Top 10 announced on social media
- October 16-20: Voting on The Pirate Experience
- October 21: Winner announced at Homecoming Football Game